2 cups of milk
1 1/2 lb of canned pineapple cut into 1 inch wedges
3 large whole eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
2/3 cup of sugar
1 Tbsp of corn starch
2 Tbsp of heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scatter the pineapple wedges in a straight-sided 10 inch baking dish and bake them for 10 minutes or until dry.
- Scald the milk over high heat. Cover and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch and heavy cream.
- Gradually add in the warm milk.
- Pour the custard mixture over the pineapple wedges.
- Bake until golden for about ?? hour.
- Serve warm.
- Praline can be sprinkled over the surface of the flan, about 10 minutes before the
- end of cooking time, for additional flavor and decoration.