4 whole eggs
4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla or vanilla beans
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat eggs lightly and mix with the sugar.
- Scald the milk and add the vanilla beans. Set aside.
- Make caramel: In flan dish put ?? cup of sugar and the water. Boil down until caramel is formed. Spread it around the dish.
- Add the milk to the eggs and sugar and pour into the caramelized flan dish.
- Cook at 350°F for 1 hour (bain marie) or until a knife inserted in the middle of the flan comes out clean.
- You can decorate the flan with chantilly made with whipped cream and sugar.