6 cups of water
2 cups of sugar
8 large ripe (but firm) peaches, peeled, halved and stoned
1 vanilla bean or 3 Tbsp of vanilla extract
Whole raspberries for garnish
2 ten-ounces packages of frozen raspberries, defrosted and drained
2 Tbsp of superfine sugar
1 Tbsp of kirsch
3/4 cup of heavy cream
2 Tbsp of sugar
1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
- In a heavy 4 quart saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil for 3 minutes and reduce the heat as low as possible.
- Add the peaches and vanilla and poach them uncovered for 10 to 20 minutes or until barely tender when pierced with a knife.
- Refrigerate in the syrup until cold.
- With a wire whisk or food processor, purée the raspberries.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and the kirsch.
- Refrigerate, covered.
- Whip the cream until it thickens.
- Sprinkle in 2 Tbsp of sugar and the vanilla.
- Continue beating until the cream hold soft peaks.
- Transfer the chilled peaches to individual dessert dishes.
- Discard the syrup.
- Mask each peach with the sauce Cardinal and decorate with the chantilly.
- Garnish with whole raspberries.