From Cooking Light magazine.
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
4 large egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
3 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat 8 (4 oz) ramekins with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until thick (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; let stand 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in vanilla and egg yolks.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into a large bowl; cool.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at a high speed until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and cream of tartar, beating mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture and the chopped chocolate.
- Spoon into prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar.