The meat should be prepared 12 hours in advance.
2 cloves of garlic
4 lb of loin of pork
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 carrot, 1 onion
1 tsp of flour
1-1/4 cups of stock
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the garlic, cut into strips and insert in the flesh of the pork.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with oil.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan with the carrot and onion and cook for 2-1/2 hours.
- Place on a hot serving dish.
- Strain off the fat from the pan, retaining the juices, then add the flour, replace over the heat and brown well.
- Add the stock slowly and bring to a boil.
- Serve this sauce separately.
- If you wish to vary the size of the meat, allow 30 minutes per lb plus 30 minutes extra.
Serve with Gratin dauphinois.